United States Cutting Tool Institute (“USCTI”) offers information to its members and the public through USCTI.com (“the Site”), and may from time to time conduct online registration events, sell products or services or otherwise collect information from users. USCTI is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information entrusted to us by you. We want you to understand our practices with regard to using information that we collect about you online and the steps we take to safeguard it.
This Policy explains how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to the Site. As explained below, the information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. USCTI reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders, in its sole discretion, if it becomes aware of violations of this age provision.
The online experiences and activities described in this policy may be available now or planned for future, and this version reflects our current policies on information collection, use and disclosure. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and revised policies will take effect upon their posting at USCTI.com. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes to this policy shall be deemed as your acceptance of those changes. If you have provided express consent to data collection and handling under this policy, you will be advised of changes to the policy and asked for your agreement to the new policies.
Personal Information Collected by USCTI
USCTI collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you contact us by email, register for an event or order products or services through the Site. The type of information we collect and maintain may include your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, telephone number, gender, and credit card number.
We also offer the option for you to set up an account on the Site with a username and password selected by you. We may use this account to maintain additional history about your purchases, including customer services inquiries, promotions offered to you, and your USCTI product preferences. Personal information is collected to that we can serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and promotional efforts of interest to you. This type of information is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with applicable law and its use is limited to the objectives for which it was collected.
Use of the Personal Information USCTI Collects
USCTI collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To ensure that we have your correct contact information in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested, send correspondence, solicit your opinion on our products and services, process payments and make promotional offers for products similar to ones you have already ordered and that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To gain an understanding of your interests so that we can develop better products and services for you.
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints you may have about our products or services.
- To determine customer eligibility for our products and services.
- When you provide us your e-mail address, we may send you e-mails necessary to process your order or respond to a request, or, if you do not object to it, to receive our e-messages from our customer service department. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from e-mails that are not related to your transactions with us are included in each e-mail.
What Kind of Personal Information Does USCTI Disclose, to Whom and Why?
- To Third Parties to Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services:
We do not share your personal information with any third parties for their marketing purposes. We may engage third parties to assist with services related to the Site, such as technical and processing services, order fulfillment, mailings, and analyzing Site performance. These third parties are obligated to keep the information secure and confidential and must use the information only in connection with providing services to USCTI.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event:
In the event that substantially all of the assets related to the USCTI.com website were transferred or sold to another entity, all information, including personal information would to be transferred to that entity.
- To the Government or Law Enforcement:
We may also disclose personal information to third parties in order to comply with court orders or with requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect our rights or property or the safety of our Site and other users of the Site.
When you provide us with your information you acknowledge that the information will be stored and processed on servers located in the United States. Your personal information may also be transferred to our authorized third parties who may be located in other countries. These transfers are made in order to provide the services related to the Site and for the other reasons described above. In such event, your personal information may be subject to applicable law in those countries. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
How Long Does USCTI Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. We will store your name, shipping and billing information to simplify the ordering process for you in the future.